SENIOR ANALYTICAL CHEMIST
Are you looking for a fast paced position in a rapidly growing Analytical Chemistry Laboratory? We are currently seeking to fill a variety of positions at our Ann Arbor, Michigan facility. We are searching for talented and motivated individuals that would enjoy working in a team oriented, entrepreneurial company.
Avomeen is part of the CRO industry, which serves Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Legal, Automotive, Paints & Coatings, and other diversified industries with laboratory services. This $600B dynamic industry has risen to fill the needs of a wide variety of companies that have realized that Analytical Science is not core to their mission and is better done in an outside science based organization that values and supports it.
At Avomeen we:
- Perform analysis to get approvals for innovative as well as generic pharmaceuticals
- Perform testing as well as Expert Witnessing for Law firms to support litigation
- Re-engineer and improve existing products for new markets and applications
- Invent new products (several clients have appeared on Shark Tank)
- Solve major quality problems for manufacturers including soft drink companies, auto manufacturers, pharmaceutical manufacturers, and others
In this science based organization, YOU will be part of the value chain of the company responsible for revenue generation with CEO level visibility. Opportunities for career growth include business development, project management, as well as progression along a technical ladder.
If you are interested in the job opportunity below, please forward resume, cover letter, and salary history to email@example.com
About the Opportunity
We are looking for a talented individual to fill a Sr. Analytical Chemist position at our Ann Arbor, MI facility.
In this position, you will be responsible to:
- Develop analytical methods and performs testing using a variety of technologies including HPLC, LC-MS, GC, GC/MS, NMR, Microscopy, FTIR and UV.
- Plan and executing projects in support of client needs. Types of projects include: Product deformulation and product development, method development and validation, failure analysis and problem solving, impurity identification, extractable and leachable studies, and structural characterization.
- Generate client reports and supporting laboratory documentation.
- Communicate effectively with clients and internally through written and oral presentation.
- Ensure compliance with government rules and regulations (FDA, cGMP, DEA, ICH, OSHA, etc.).
- Install new equipment, processes and methods for solution of technical problems.
- Demonstrate excellent organization/multitasking, communication and analytical skills.
- Work with broad objectives and be independent on a daily basis.
- Supervise junior scientists.
- Demonstrate complex problem-solving using internal and external resources.
- Analyze data from the qualitative to the rigorously statistical and defending conclusions based on data
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving and project management abilities.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Expertise in one or more of HPLC, NMR, MS or GC from de novo method development to validations and troubleshooting.
- Experience working in a GMP environment a plus
- Expertise in one or more chromatographic quantitation and Mass Spectrometric techniques such as HPLC, GC, GC-MS (FID and SIM), LC-MS (SIM and MRM) methods
- Breadth in other analytical techniques a plus
- Experience working in a contract analytical laboratory helpful
- Excellent organization/multitasking, communication and analytical skills
- Strong problem-solving and project management abilities
Typical educational requirements are B.S. or M.S. in Chemistry, 3-5 years’ experience, or Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry 2-5 years’ experience, with and significant knowledge of analytical chemistry techniques demonstrated through a combination of industry and academic performance.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Avomeen Analytical Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information, please contact us at (844) 326-4700.
Work with us to make health & medicine better for everyone.
Start a quote or ask an experienced scientist today.