ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY LABORATORY – AVOMEEN ANALYTICAL SERVICES – ANN ARBOR, MI
Are you looking for a fast paced position in a rapidly growing Analytical Chemistry Laboratory? We are currently seeking to fill a variety of positions at our Ann Arbor, Michigan facility. We are searching for talented and motivated individuals that would enjoy working in a team oriented, entrepreneurial company.
Avomeen is part of the CRO industry, which serves Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Legal, Automotive, Paints & Coatings, and other diversified industries with laboratory services. This $600B dynamic industry has risen to fill the needs of a wide variety of companies that have realized that Analytical Science is not core to their mission and is better done in an outside science based organization that values and supports it.
At Avomeen we:
- Perform analysis to get approvals for innovative as well as generic pharmaceuticals
- Perform testing as well as Expert Witnessing for Law firms to support litigation
- Re-engineer and improve existing products for new markets and applications
- Invent new products (several clients have appeared on Shark Tank)
- Solve major quality problems for manufacturers including soft drink companies, auto manufacturers, pharmaceutical manufacturers, and others
In this science based organization, YOU will be part of the value chain of the company responsible for revenue generation with CEO level visibility. Opportunities for career growth include business development, project management, as well as progression along a technical ladder.
If you are interested in the job opportunity below, please forward resume, cover letter, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Opportunity
We are looking for a self-motivated, talented individual with a high level of initiative with broad formulation experience with consumer and industrial products such as personal care products, cosmetics, cleaners, paints and coatings to fill a Formulation Chemist position at our Ann Arbor, MI facility.
- Work independently to prepare and develop prototype formulations for a variety of product types.
- Must possess ability to comprehend the client’s problem and work independently to solve the problem in the most efficient manner possible.
- Maintain accurate, complete and detailed formulation records.
- Ability to set up and maintain various equipment used for making formulations including mixing vessels and homogenizers.
- Must be highly productive, self-directed, and self-motivated.
- Maintain clean and orderly work area at all times.
- Must have excellent project management skills and the ability to effectively function in fast-paced, customer focused, dynamic technical environment including possessing the ability to prioritize time and to meet deadlines including making sound decisions about scheduling, coordinating and managing priorities.
- Exhibit high-quality writing, communication and time-management skills as well as proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and similar programs.
Qualifications and Experience
- B.S. in scientific discipline as well as with 2-3 years’ experience with formulation in Cosmetics, Personal Care, Consumer Products, OTC or Pharmaceutical industries.
- Top candidates will have demonstrated experience with color and scent matching of cosmetic samples.
- Preference will be given to candidates with formulation experience coupled with analytical laboratory experience.
- Top candidates will demonstrate a desire to advance and excel in their position while contributing to overall company growth.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience working in cGMP environment.
- Quick learner with a “can-do” attitude and actions to match, excellent customer service skills, and ability to think on one’s feet are essential to succeed in this position.
- Must be highly productive, self-directed, and self-motivated. Must be able to fully comprehend the client’s problem and work independently to solve the problem in the most efficient manner possible.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects under short time lines to produce high quality work. Must possess the ability to self-schedule in order to advance multiple programs simultaneously.
- Must be able to fully comprehend the client’s problem and work independently to solve the problem in the most efficient manner possible.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects under short time lines to produce high quality work.
The position offers major benefits and competitive salary, and the opportunity to quickly advance to positions of higher responsibility.
Avomeen Analytical Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information, please contact us at (844) 326-4700.
To apply, send your resume to email@example.com
Ready to Partner? So are We.
Request a quote or ask an experienced scientist today.