COLLEGE CO-OP (LAB TECHNICIAN)
ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY LABORATORY – AVOMEEN ANALYTICAL SERVICES – ANN ARBOR, MI
Temporary Position, Subject to Permanent (Based on Need & Performance)
About Avomeen Analytical Services:
Avomeen is fast paced growing analytical laboratory that supports advanced product analysis and formulation service for our business clients. We are searching for talented and motivated individuals that would enjoy working in a team oriented, entrepreneurial company.
This program is designed for academically successful students who meet our requirements and want to work in a fast paced and challenging environment. Position is open to undergraduates majoring in scientific field (chemistry, medicine, or other related field). We will also accept applications of those with associates or bachelor’s degree in chemistry or a related field.
We are looking to fill multiple laboratory technician spots immediately for the summer. The position offers flexible hours and training in state-of-the-art investigational analytical chemistry methods. Position will work directly with our BS, MS, and Ph.D. scientists supporting them in company operations and processes. Position will last 3-4 months and full time employment may be offered upon conclusion based on the company’s current need and candidate’s performance.
- Verifying & maintaining consumable supplies (lab supplies, solvents, etc.)
- Logging samples & reference materials
- Sample preparation & processing
- Viscosity measurements
- HPLC injections
- Manual syringe pulls
- Utilizing various instruments with a focus on detection & quantitation techniques
- Processing data & summarizing results
- 40 WPM typing speed preferred
- Completed at least two years of college chemistry (or related science field) & mathematics
- Highly productive, self-directed, and self-motivated
- Team player, trustworthy, reliable, and enthusiastic about learning new skills
- Ability to perform multi-tasking in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to follow both verbal and written instructions
- Ideal candidates will have operational knowledge of FT-IR, GC, NMR, GC/MS, and routine laboratory instrumentation
- Applied knowledge in the areas of industrial products such as plastics, polymers, adhesives, sealants, surfactants, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, inks, or paints will be helpful
- Some industrial experience (laboratory or chemistry) is highly desirable
- Immediate need to fill multiple positions
- Start Date – Monday May 18th
Avomeen is FDA-Registered, GLP-Complaint, cGMP-Compliant, DEA-Licensed
All candidates must pass a drug screen and background check. Avomeen is an equal opportunity employer.
If interested in the position submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Ready to Partner? So are We.
Request a quote or ask an experienced scientist today.