Are you looking for a fast paced position in a rapidly growing Analytical Chemistry Laboratory? We are currently seeking to fill a variety of positions at our Ann Arbor, Michigan facility. We are searching for talented and motivated individuals that would enjoy working in a team oriented, entrepreneurial company.
Avomeen is part of the CRO industry, which serves Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Legal, Automotive, Paints & Coatings, and other diversified industries with laboratory services. This $600B dynamic industry has risen to fill the needs of a wide variety of companies that have realized that Analytical Science is not core to their mission and is better done in an outside science based organization that values and supports it.
At Avomeen we:
- Perform analysis to get approvals for innovative as well as generic pharmaceuticals
- Perform testing as well as Expert Witnessing for Law firms to support litigation
- Re-engineer and improve existing products for new markets and applications
- Invent new products (several clients have appeared on Shark Tank)
- Solve major quality problems for manufacturers including soft drink companies, auto manufacturers, pharmaceutical manufacturers, and others
In this science based organization, YOU will be part of the value chain of the company responsible for revenue generation with CEO level visibility. Opportunities for career growth include business development, project management, as well as progression along a technical ladder.
If you are interested in the job opportunity below, please forward resume, cover letter, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Opportunity
We are looking for a talented individual to fill an Analytical Chemist position at our Ann Arbor, MI facility.
In this position, you will be responsible to:
- Learn techniques spanning across the entire spectrum of analytical chemistry from wet chemistry to HPLC, NMR, Mass Spectrometry, FTIR, GC and GC-MS
- Perform testing using a variety of technologies including HPLC, LC-MS, GC, GC/MS, Microscopy, FTIR and UV
- Execute projects in support of client needs including product deformulation and product development, failure analysis and problem solving, impurity identification, extractable and leachable studies, and structural characterization
- Follow all safety requirements including wearing appropriate personal protective equipment
- Generate supporting laboratory documentation
- Ensure compliance with government rules and regulations (FDA, cGMP, DEA, ICH, OSHA, etc.)
- Implement new equipment and processes independently, capable of conducting appropriate qualification and validation activities
- Execute projects with minimal supervision
- Have the ability to analyze data from the qualitative to the rigorously statistical and defend conclusions based on data
- Have the ability to demonstrate strong problem-solving and analytical abilities
Typical educational requirements are B.S./M.S. in Chemistry, 0-5 years’ experience, a Ph.D. with 0 – 1 years experience or knowledge of analytical chemistry techniques demonstrated through a combination of industry and academic performance.
Work with us to make health & medicine better for everyone.
Start a quote or ask an experienced scientist today.